Aztek are committed to ensuring that any personal data supplied by you is collected and held securely and processed lawfully.
The Chapel Offices
Personal Information is any personally identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home or business address, telephone number, bank details or online identifier, which can directly or indirectly identify you. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation, commonly referred to as ‘GDPR’.
1. What information may we collect about you?
When you interact with us via our website, live chat, telephone, email, social media or our client portal, we may ask you for the following information:
- Personal and contact details, for example; your name, email address, address, phone number, payment information, personal description, proof of identity and residence;
- Personal and contact details you give us when subscribing to receive emails, newsletters, service updates or marketing information from us;
- Information we collect via cookies or similar technologies stored on your device;
- Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your log in information, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in type and versions, operating systems, platform and geographical location;
- Information about your site visit, including the full URL, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time, pages you have viewed, choices you make during your visit, page response times, errors (on page and download), length of page visits, page interaction information (scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page;
- Information from social media activity (such as likes, shares, tweets) when you interact with us on social media;
- Information and records obtained when you contact our support or customer service team by telephone, live chat or web form;
- Information you provide if you report a problem with our website and service;
- Additional information which you provide voluntarily and/or which we may ask from you to better understand you and your interests.
2. How, when and why do we collect Personal Information?
How and when do we collect your Personal Information?
We may collect your Personal Information when you request services from us (or otherwise contact us from time to time) by:
- Entering your data onto our website
- By directly contacting our business, via telephone, email, live chat or web form
- When you speak to one of our support or customer service agents by telephone, email, live chat or through our web page; or
- Another business or organisation passes your details to us
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect and use your Personal Information because it is necessary to obtain certain details including Personal Information from you in providing you with services you have requested, and it is in our legitimate interests while operating our business, including:
- Providing the requested services and/or information to you;
- Responding to your queries;
- Transmitting Personal Information between our offices or functions for internal administrative purposes;
- Hosting and maintaining our websites;
- Ensuring network and information security; and/or
- Carrying our direct marketing activities
However, we will only collect, use and handle your Personal Information when:
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with carrying out our business, if, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable laws and your legal rights; and/or
- Where you have agreed: and/or
- Where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us
3. How we use Personal Information provided to us
We undertake processing of your Personal Information on the legal basis that it is necessary to perform the contract with you and to provide the services we have agreed to provide you. Where we have not entered into a contract with you, we may also carry out this processing because in that pre-contractual stage where we consider it is necessary in our legitimate business interests to deal with requests, enquiries, or comments you have made to us.
Pre-contract processing – We collect your Personal Information which you provide to us when applying for a service with us to comply with our legal obligations and to carry our fraud checks. We may also process your Personal Information for this purpose where we consider it necessary for the performance of the contract with you, or otherwise with your consent.
Enhancing your experience and our business – We may use your Personal Information to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. We may also share limited Personal Information with social media platforms to provide you with tailored services relevant to the services you have requested or received
Other lawfully permitted processing – We may also use any Personal Information that you provide to us. For example, to other companies within Aztek or to other organisations required to provide you with the requested service. If you choose not to provide Personal Information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the services and/or information you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the Personal Information.
Marketing – Where legally permitted to do so where you have provided us with your contact details and have agreed to be contacted for marketing purposes, we may contact you by telephone or by post for marketing purposes relating to our services, our website, and/or to research opinion on proposed business developments.
Marketing Opt-Out – You are entitled to opt out from receipt of marketing communications at any time, and free of charge by using the unsubscribe option that we include in any marketing email or other marketing material received from us.
4. How and when do we share information with third parties?
Some services that we provide require the involvement of carefully selected third parties. We have taken steps to ensure that Personal Information is adequately protected. The third parties involved may include domain registries, business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, advertisers and search engine providers.
Where we employ third party companies or individuals to process Personal Information provided by us on our behalf for business functions, including (without limitation) IT Support from our partners, hosting of data on cloud platforms, legal, accounting, consulting and other professional service providers, and providers of other services related to our business.
Portions of our services may be provided by organisations with which we have a contractual relationship, including subcontractors, and, accordingly, your Personal Information may be disclosed to them. We only provide these organisations with the information that they need to be able to perform their services and have an agreement in place that restrict how they can process Personal Information.
Sharing within Aztek and to Service Providers
International Transfers of your Personal Information
We may share or store your Personal Information with our third-party service providers based outside the European Economic Area (“EEA") who we engage to help us, and amongst other things, fulfil your order, process your details and execute support services. We only transfer your Personal Information outside of the EEA:
- Where the transfer is to a place that is regarded by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for your Personal Information; or
- Where we have put in place appropriate safeguards;
- Where you have consented to it, or there is another legal basis to allow us to make the transfer
Sharing with other third parties
We may also provide your information to other third parties such as regulators and law enforcement agencies, where we are required by law to do so, where necessary for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud, other criminal offences and/or to ensure network and information security.
5. How long do we store Personal Information for?
6. Security and Confidentiality
We employ appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information and guard against access by unauthorised persons. Information storage is on our secure servers, located in UK data centres that are guarded and monitor on a 24/7/365 basis.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and comply with our PCI compliance obligations. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the client portal or other areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. As such we cannot guarantee the security of your information when it is transmitted to our website or from third party websites. We utilise strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access, however transmission is entirely at your own risk.
7. Your rights
You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing at any time by emailing [email protected]. It is important to us that you are in control of your own information. As a result, we offer the following controls:
- You may request access to or copies of the Personal Information that we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us at [email protected] or in writing to the registered address. No charge will be made for first copies, however additional copies may incur an administrative charge;
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect, or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will take steps to seek to correct or update any information if we are satisfied the information we hold is inaccurate;
- You may request that your Personal Information be deleted, where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no other lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information;
- To the extent we are processing your Personal Information to meet our legitimate interests (as set out above), you may object to the processing of your Personal Information by us. If we are unable to demonstrate our legitimate grounds for that processing, we will no longer process your Personal Information for those purposes;
- You may object to our processing as set out above;
- You may withdraw any consent given to processing; and
- Where we are processing your Personal Information automatically for the purposes of performing our contract with you, you may have the right to request that the Personal Information we hold about you to be transferred to a third-party data controller.
Please contact [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you and provide you with all rights to which you are entitled in relation to your Personal Information under applicable data protection law.
If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your Personal Information, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the UK authority responsible for data protection. Contact details are available here.
This policy was last updated in Nov 2021.
Aztek Holdings Limited
The Chapel Offices
When communicating with us please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for Personal Information we hold about you.